When it comes to horror stories of high-powered remote controlled motor vehicles like drones and RC helicopters, I’m sure everyone has heard their fair share. A while back, one such example if a dangerous mishap happened to Trevor Bauer, starting pitcher for the Cleveland Indians. While it wasn’t a terrible experience, it does serve as a reminder for the potential danger of these things when used improperly.
Bauer, who was supposed to open for the Indians in an ALCS playoff game, ended up being pulled from the start when he needed 10 stitches in his pinky. Apparently, the propellors began spinning at full throttle as he connected a battery pack to his machine, tearing up his finger. At a press conference, he clarified his background with his hobby. A few years ago he saw a video of a drone flying around at high speed with LEDs attached to it, and he wanted to fly them himself ever since.
While stories like this do tend to paint drones in a negative light, they do serve an important role in reminding people to exercise caution while piloting their own. Check out the original article here for more information, and remember, always stay safe while you race your friends!