The 280 class FPV (First Person View) Racer with 6″ propellers has been enhanced to its third version, housing the latest electronics and a 15% lighter weight. With a design formed by professional racers, the Type-A frame has 4mm replaceable carbon fiber arms and a total weight of 417 g without a battery. This lightweight drone is fantastic for intermediate-level racers, an affordable ($360), ready-to-fly option for competition.
One of the cooler aspects of this Type A model built by Storm is that there is no soldering required. All the components are attached through simple electrical plug connectors, which lets you plug and unplug what you want and when you want. Combining this with the entire kit being ready to go as soon as you unpack it and toss in a battery, you have a solid option for pilots who love to modify their craft to maximize performance. A carbon fiber frame provides the durability required to keep your electronics safe for crashes.
Specifications and Features
- Weight : 417g (without battery)
- All-up-weight : 597g (with 11.1V 2200mah 35C battery)
- Dimension : 163mm (L) x 200mm (W) x 34mm (H) (without battery)
- Motor : EMAX 2204-2300kv Motor
- Propeller : HQ 6 x 4.5 propeller
- ESC : Storm Mini 30A ESC w/ JST connector
- Flight Controller : SP Racing F3 (running CleanFlight software w/ Storm tuned parameters)
- OSD Module : Storm MiniMOSD module
- FPV system : Storm 5.8Ghz FX799T 200mw video transmitter
- Camera : Foxeer 90° 700TVL CMOS (PAL)
- Radio system : RadioLink AT9 2.4Ghz
- Low battery warning buzzer that can also be manually activated in case you lose track of it
- 280mm size from motor to motor
- Storm FX799T 200mw video transmitter support Raceband FPV channels
- Bumpers on the arms to protect motors
- Adjustable tilt angle 90° camera and Video Transmitter
Every Storm Type A drone comes with optimized CleanFlight parameters preloaded, three different flight modes and speeds. The Angle Mode is auto-leveled making is a no-stress flying experience for the complete beginner or for flight training. In Horizon Mode the drone is no longer limited by angle, allowing you to do flip and roll, auto-leveling directly after performing the trick. In Rate Mode, the drone will fly like an airplane with no auto-leveling or angle limitation, making it great for flying around in large spaces. This Drone will run you approximately $360, and is recommended provided you have some experience with the machines.
For more information about the product, Check out the website here